CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Marital Bliss in Austin


I'm the worst blogger ever. Over the past few weeks I've been totally uninterested in being an optimist and cheerful, happy-go-lucky writer so today I'm just going to write about whatever I want.




This weekend DC and I were in Austin for PJP's wedding. We had a fabulous time visiting, eating and drinking with friends and even managed to hit up some of our favorite restaurants (Salt Lick, Hula Hut, Kim Phung, San Francisco Bakery and Amy's Ice Cream).




The reception was a great time with awesome music- highlights included an impromptu singer who had a very interesting voice and some really high-energy dancers from Beaumont. More importantly though was the ceremony which was breathtaking. It was definitely one of the most beautiful and emotional ceremonies I've ever been apart of -you could definitely feel the love and gratitude shared between the bride and groom. It definitely made me reflect about my own marriage and how I felt on my wedding. I remember being really happy and feeling an overwhelming sense of peace and preparedness.


Sometimes it's hard to remember the purpose and meaning behind a wedding between all the details, planning and of course the big party. The emotional, social and spiritual implications of marriage are huge. I don't think there is a lot more I could have done to prepare for the commitment and life changes brought forth by marriage but I do often think about ways to make my marriage stronger, more fun and more meaningful. This week I'm working on listening more and talking less :).


Again, thanks for reading and I promise to be better about posting.



0 comments: