CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Boo for Mondays


I'm not going to lie, I feel like sh*t today despite the fact that I was on a serious high yesterday and most of this morning. Reading the news is depressing, work is totally exhausting and I can't help but feel anxious that the Dow has now dipped below 8,000 points. I definitely feel better when I'm not at work - things have become so serious around here. When I'm at home with DC, MMA and Bailey I feel at ease but since I can't stay at home all the time I've got to pull myself together.

Things that get me through the day lately:

1. I seriously look forward to Thursdays so I can watch 30 Rock AND Office
2. Watching Lost
3. Eating chocolate (dark chocolate especially)
4. Drinking Diet Pepsi (I go back and forth between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi)
5. Reading friends' blogs

Also, I'm trying to eat more mood-boosting foods and I'm taking a lot of vitamins and supplements. See below for a list of favorites. I've almost completely cut out alcohol from my diet. It's a depressant and I'm a lightweight (bad combination so I'll just skip it) and I try to workout at least 3-4 times a week. Between eating well and working out I feel good. I'm going to start boxing with my trainer to get out some residual stress.
  • Bananas
  • Beans
  • Blueberries
  • Broccoli
  • Caffeinated beverages (1-2 per day)
  • Cocoa powder (or chocolate in small amounts)
  • Dairy
  • Nuts
  • Pomegranates

Anyone else going through some of this? Any tips or tricks?

1 comments:

Mona said...

BOO for bad times!!!!! I agree. I am happiest when I am on the couch with you. Loved the blog today. I could relate on so many levels. I am glad I left those blueberries behind! haha Also after this weekend, we should prob try and limit or Diet Pepsi intake....we had a lot last weekend! haha I think we killed an 8 pack. haha
LOVE you more than life. xoxo