CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top 2008 Moments

I promise this is the last "new year" post I'll publish - I've just been reflecting a lot about the 2008 and expectations I have for the next few months - (imagine Counting Crows "Long December").

2008 was filled with some sadness, a little heartache and a lot of weddings. I've made a few top moments lists of the year.

Favorite Wedding Moments
1. Drinking alone in Alabama at Alex and Susan's Rehearsal dinner
I'm not sure why I did this, and honestly it's all a little foggy, but I just sort of walked around and drank (a lot) and smiled at everyone. I was in a lot of pain the next day.
2. Dancing with Brad at Matt's wedding and falling down
If you've ever danced with me you know I love to dip (mid-song, end of song, within the first few words of a song). Brad and I were dancing and after an impromptu dip I landed on the floor. I remember bouncing a little after the initial impact. It was hilarious.
3. Gospel Choir
Priscilla's was one of the most beautiful and poignant ceremonies I've ever attended. The Gospel Choir took my breath away.

Favorite Being Married Moments
1. Voting together for the first time
We stood and waited together in the rain on a Saturday in November, it was awesome.
2. Election Night
Later that night we talked about how exciting it is that our kids will be born under Obama's presidency
3. Discovering Fillmore Street
Lot's of great shops, restaurants, people.
4. Stevie Wonder
DC and I went to see Stevie over the summer - it was an amazing, almost religious experience.

My favorite books of 2008
1. Water for Elephants
2. The Art of Racing in the Rain

Worst Moments of 2008
1. Thinking we were going to lose Bailey and leaving him at the hospital (he's fine now)
2. MMA getting laid-off
3. Having to learn about testicular cancer

2 comments:

Sean and Jennifer Donahue said...

I love that you've thought so much about what 2008 means to you. I should do that too. Helps give you perspective.

On a side note, I didn't know you have this and I'm going to bookmark it right now!

On another side note, sounds like you had quite a year and we have GOT to catch up next time I'm in town. I miss you!

Unknown said...

Love it Nada!