CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

An introvert I am not

I'm in the Bahamas with DC and his family. This is my first Christmas away from my parents and sisters which I thought would make me sad but seeing as it's 80 degrees outside and I haven't seen a single holiday decoration to remind me, I'm doing just fine.

In a conversation I had with my sister-in-law's husband I found myself having to defend my personality a little bit. For some reason, they all think I'm an introvert. Ha! Isn't that hilarious? An introvert I am not. I just don't feel it's appropriate to be the center of attention all the time. Also, I can't reveal too much of hilarious personality with people who may not completely understand my humor.

In an effort to prove that I'm not introvert, while at a restaurant last night I went up to the band and took the mic from the lead singer and started to sing "Isn't She Lovely" by my boy Stevie Wonder. I definitely made an ass of myself but I got the point across.

I can't decide what I was more upset about, being called an introvert or feeling that despite a few years of knowing each other, they didn't really know me yet. I'm a very transparent person - confident - comfortable - why do they think I'm an introvert? Anyway - I'll let you know if I do anything stupid tonight to further prove my point.

3 comments:

IfYouSayItTwice said...

Nunu - good for you for busting out a little Stevie! Great work, I'm sure it was fantastic. Tell the Changs I said hello

The O'Connor Family said...

This just made me LAUGH!!

Urban Mindfulness said...

As someone who was in the audience that night, you did Stevie justice! My little boy was dancing up a storm to your song!